Full or Part-Time Vacancies
We are always happy to hear from potential candidates, please send your CV and a covering email to our Practice Manager, Alison Robinson (here)
VACANCY: LITIGATION ASSISTANT SOLICITOR
Owen Kenny Solicitors, based in central Chichester, are looking for a newly-qualified Solicitor to join the Civil Litigation (Civil Claims & Dispute Resolution) department.
Full details of this department can be found on our website (https://owenkenny.com/civil-litigation/) but the dedicated team provides support and legal advice to clients in the following areas:
- Dispute Resolution;
- Contract claims (including consumer);
- Building disputes;
- Professional negligence;
- Landlord & Tenant;
- Inheritance Act claims and contested Wills;
- Property infringement & boundary disputes;
- Debt recovery;
- Clinical / medical negligence; and
- High value personal injury
This department is professional, friendly and results-focussed, priding themselves on delivering a cost-effective service specific to the client’s needs. Led by Paul Fleming, a Solicitor with vast experience and knowledge in this area, the successful candidate will report to him and assist him.
Please also read our leaflet which gives further details:
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter (including up to 100 words of why you would like to work at Owen Kenny Solicitors) to Alison Robinson, Practice Manager (email Alisonrobinson@owenkenny.co.uk).
Commercial Property Fee-earner – VACANCY
Join our law firm, based in central Chichester, and become part of our property team (3 staff members in Commercial Property, a further 10 in Residential Conveyancing). In your fee-earning role, you will have your own client files but you will report to the Commercial Property Solicitor.
This Commercial Property Fee-earner role will involve:
- Regular communication with clients – meetings as well as phone calls, emails, letters to keep clients up to date and taking clients’ instructions.
- Quoting for work, time recording and billing.
- Ensuring all client due diligence is carried out and money laundering regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Drafting and proof-reading of transaction documents.
- Negotiating transaction documents with third parties.
- Ensuring the correct procedure in respect of LTA 1954 part 2 is carried out.
- Assist with producing reports on title – summarising lengthy and sometimes complex title documents and leases into shorter, digestible documents in language that clients will understand.
- Reviewing conveyancing searches and planning documentation (planning permissions and S106 Agreements) and raising appropriate enquiries with third parties.
- Legal research.
- Supporting business development activities.
- Assisting with all staff to facilitate efficiency on transactions.
- Producing documents and correspondence.
- To work as part of the property team; fee-earners attend a monthly conveyancing department meeting.
- To carry out work for the client to the highest possible standard.
- To deal with communications promptly.
- To meet agreed monthly billing targets.
- Liaising with accounts department re bills, credit control etc.
To apply for this post, please email your CV and covering message (up to 100 words, saying why you would like to work at Owen Kenny Solicitors) to Alisonrobinson@owenkenny.co.uk or by post to Alison Robinson, Practice Manager, Owen Kenny Solicitors, 38 South Street, Chichester, West Sussex PO19 1EL.
Further details about us can be found on our website; here’s a direct link to our Commercial Property page:
Salary: Competitive, to be discussed at interview
We are always happy to hear from potential candidates so please send your CV and a covering email to us even if you do not fit the profile for our current vacancies.
Submit your CV using the form below.