Whenever a relationship breaks down it is one of the most difficult and stressful times for all concerned.
Our team of experienced matrimonial solicitors pride themselves on providing practical and realistic advice to help you navigate your way safely through all the issues that may arise. Our aim is to resolve disputes for you in a constructive way having regard to the issues and the level of legal costs that are being generated by both parties, whilst at the same time “fighting your corner” when necessary.
We are members of the Law Society Family Law Panel as well as members of Resolution and we will work hard to achieve an amicable settlement wherever possible. Both David and Sara trained as collaborative lawyers and are pleased to to be able to offer this service where appropriate. See the link below for more details on collaborative law.
We can assist you with:
- Divorce and Separation, Dissolution of Civil Partnerships
- Family matters generally
- Financial disputes upon divorce
- Residence and contact disputes for children
- Fix Fee Divorces
- Civil Partnership matters
- Prenuptial and Cohabitation Agreements
- Issues arising from the breakdown of your relationship
- Disputes between unmarried couples
- Emergency remedies including Occupation and Non-Molestation Orders, Injunctions
- Resolving issues regarding finances including properties, income, pensions both for married couples and cohabitees.
- Dealing with issues that arise in relation to children including financial support for them.
- Disputes between unmarried couples including property disputes and cohabitation agreements
- International children disputes
- Collaborative resolutions
- Interviews are available for preliminary advice and an assessment of the merits of your case
- General Family matters
- Advice on alternative methods to reduce disputes such as mediation and collaborative law.
We have a proven understanding of offering straightforward and effective advice about what to do when faced with a breakdown of a relationship. We aim to provide a first class service whatever your financial circumstances. We have experience of cases up to assets of £32m but are equally adept at dealing with cases with more modest assets too! We understand this can be a stressful and difficult time and often your children are your priority.
E v E (shared residence: Financial Relief)  2 FLR 1228 Concerning relocation of a child where there is a shared residence order in place.
Re M (Residence Order)  1 FLR 1087 This was a case where we succeeded in the court of appeal in overturning the decision of the judge which had failed to take into account the strength and clarity of the children’s wishes in determining residence.
All of the team are members of Resolution (formerly the Solicitors Family Law Associates) and trained collaborative solicitors. Sara Fildes is also a trained mediator