Staff at Owen Kenny Solicitors are making donations needed at Stonepillow (https://stonepillow.org.uk/) on Friday, 22nd Feb. The team of 33 staff are collecting together these items, after seeing Stonepillow’s website and Facebook posts asking for help with “everyday basic items that we all take for granted”:
- Notebooks and pens/pencils
- Books and puzzle books
- Travel mugs/flasks
- Hair gel, dry shampoo, things to make them feel a bit better about themselves
- Moisturiser and hand cream
- Deodorant, shampoo, shower gel
- Baby wipes
- Sweets/chocolate, snacks and drinks
- Underwear, socks, leggings, thermals. Socks are very much appreciated.
- Sanitary towels etc.
- Medical supplies
- Bin bags
- Hats, gloves, scarves etc.
Conveyancer and Solicitor at Owen Kenny, Katherine Denny, was shocked to read this on Stonepillow’s website: “‘In December 2018, Shelter announced that the number of homeless people that have died in last 5 years have increased by 24%. Homelessness continues to increase. In the South East, the number of people rough sleeping has increased by 261% since 2010”.
Staff agreed that they all wanted to do something to help and that time was of the essence, so there are now collection points at both offices in Chichester (38 South Street and Old Market House, Market Avenue) to collect the donations for Stonepillow.