…..Paul Fleming, Solicitor at Owen Kenny Solicitors, recommends you take the following steps:

1. If you have a mortgage, contact your lender.
2. Notify both your buildings and contents insurers of your plans.
3. Obtain an up to date Inspection certificate for any gas appliances from a registered Gas Safe installer.
4. Make a detailed note of the state and condition of the property.
5. Prepare a detailed inventory of any furniture or furnishings included in the letting.
6. If you are letting your property on a furnished basis, then any soft furnishings should contain fire retardant material.
7. It is now a requirement that a landlord provides a tenant with an Energy Performance Certificate at the outset plus the government booklet “How to Rent. The Checklist for Renting in England” (latest version).
8. Consider having a Guarantor for the tenant’s rent.

Contact Paul Fleming on 01243 790532 to make an appointment. Another happy client thanks Paul and his secretary, Kyla, today with a box of cupcakes and note saying “Thank you for all your hard work with my claim, it’s very much appreciated”.